Put simply, The Lil’® A1 is proven to be the most operationally cost-effective method of mailing a DVD through the Royal Mail large letter size 250×353x25mm (DVD case size 136×192x13mm).
The Lil’® A1 are the equivalent size of a D1 bubble envelope and offer the following significant benefits:
1. Proven up to 60% faster to pack (60% faster than a bookwrap and 15% faster than a bubble envelope).
• Easier to stack piles due to non-slip cardboard material
• Long edge opening is faster to pack than the short edge opening (Bubble envs only made short edge)
• Faster to pack because Release Paper overhangs flap
• Faster to pack because contents do not snag upon insertion
• Minimises any need for label-reprinting because label can be peeled-off & re-applied.
• Easier to stack & carry piles of fulfilled packs
• More fulfilled packs per Mailsort cage.
2. Reduces ‘returns’ by up to 63%.
• Greatly reduces damage in transit/lost packages due to corner stiffness
• Minimised contents damage from internal rattling (snug fit)
• Reduced risk of refused delivery due to letterbox compliance (Easier for postman to get through letterbox)
3. Minimised postage costs
· 18-23mm thick DVD boxed sets & books packaged in a standard 8mm thick bubble envelope would be too thick for the 25mm restriction of Royal Mail ‘Large letter’ and would cost twice as much to mail as ‘packet’ rate. (A Lil’® envelope is just 1.8mm thick)
· Nearly quadruple the volume per pallet
4. Very GREEN (environmentally) in comparison to bubble envelopes
• Up to 200% more envelopes per pallet (3 times as many bookwraps & twice as many bubble envelopes per pallet)
We produce the range from a stiff brown material which is derived from recycled post-consumer-waste magazines, newspapers, text books and packaging. The envelopes are 100% recyclable and can then be turned into more Lil’® envelopes. These envelopes do not go into landfill and the carbon footprint of production is zero miles because we print, cut and glue them in our single-site factory in Huntingdon, England.